Texas man bitten by severed rattlesnake head

Texas man bitten by severed rattlesnake head

Texas man bitten by severed rattlesnake head

Jennifer Sutcliffetold KIII-TV that she had been doing garden work at their home in South Texas when she spotted the four-foot snake and called husband Milo to help remove it. When he tried to toss the snake in the garbage, the severed head bit him, according to his wife.

The man is recovering in a hospital, the story said. He began having seizures, lost his vision and experienced internal bleeding. Doctors told her husband might not make it, even after giving him vast amounts of antivenom.

"A normal person who is going to get bit is going to get two to four doses of antivenom", Sutcliffe told the station.

The key to surviving a snakebite, says Halpert, is to get medical help immediately if not sooner; nearly all victims of fatal snakebites in recent years died, at least in part, because they either refused medical treatment or didn't get it soon enough.

"I heard him screaming that it had bit him", said Jennifer, who was in the house at the time. She got him into the vehicle and called 911 to find the nearest hospital to Lake Corpus Christi in Southern Texas that had anti-venom medication on hand.

China general slams 'irresponsible comments' on South China Sea
Gen He added: "We see any other country that tries to make noise about this as interfering in our internal affairs". House Armed Services Committee, told reporters he believed that attitudes to China in the region are hardening.

U.S. commerce secretary in China for talks to avoid trade war
Chinese observers said Ross, who led the United States delegation to Beijing , has not been given enough power to make decisions. White House advisers, meanwhile, insisted on fundamental changes in ties between the world's two biggest economic powers.

Vermont offers to pay remote workers $10,000 to move to state
Grants will be distributed on first-come, first-served basis, and recipients will receive $10,000 over two years. State officials have already been overwhelmed with the response to the moving incentive program .

He was taken to a hospital where he underwent 26 doses of venom.

Dying from a snake bite is rare, Michael Halpert, a trauma surgeon in Corpus Christi, told KIII.

A snake can still bite and release venom for up to several hours after it has been decapitated. In fact, he said, "If you left the dead head there long enough the venom would degrade". Reportedly, snakes can still bite after an hour of getting beheaded as they have slower metabolisms.

Sutcliffe's husband remained in stable condition after receiving doses of antivenin, but continued to have impaired kidney function as a result of the incident.

She said her husband has thought about that Sunday morning and talks about wishing he could go back and do just one thing differently.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]